Notifying Changes in JEE Main 2017
20th May 2017
Joint Entrance Exam Main (JEE Main) has changed by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) by releasing official letter. According to the Ministry of Human Resource Development Department of Higher Education, there were some changes in JEE 2017 for the purpose of improving the system of JEE. The JEE is an entrance exam for the admission to Architecture, Engineering and associated courses by IITs, NITS and other majorities of government as well private colleges in India.
The following changes have been approved by the chairman IIT Council in the JEE pattern for 2017:
- There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE Main Exam.
- For the candidates to qualify for admission in the IITs / NITs / IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admission are based on the JEE ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th Class exam, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class exam conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th Class exam.
Note: There is no other change in the JEE examination system for 2017.
Important Date for JEE Main 2017:
- Online Application Process Starts: November or December 2016
- Last Date of Application Submission: January 2017
- Admit Card Available Date: February 2017
- Exam Date: April 2017